31 January 2010

Distraction? GONNA KICK YO BUTT!

This facebook addiction is ridiculous. And whenever I'm compelled to check facebook (you know, about every fifteen and a half seconds), I have to check Twitter and my blog feed. Just in case. Sort of like when I check a locked door or oven fifty times because I can't remember if I really turned that key or knob. Except with facebook, there's no excuse. Just that same compulsion.

So, along with quitting smoking I'm going to quit my Facebook, blog (not blogging, just checking the feed), and Twitter addiction. Not that it's like smoking, but it'll still be hard. I'm going to limit myself to twice a day: once in the morning when I wake up and once in the evening before I got to sleep. Fifteen minutes each time. Which means I need to replace my homepage tabs with other things. Maybe CNN? Maybe eliminate home page tabs altogether so I stop getting so distracted on the internet? I'm not sure.

If I'm good and follow my plan (which includes weekends), I'll get a star. I still haven't made that star chart, but I'm totally going to. Maybe today. I'm excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment