22 January 2010

(--<)

I've realized that by the end of the week, because that's what we've decided Friday to be, all I desire is company. Not just any company. Very specific company.

Silence.
My thoughts.
Words on a page, digital or paper.
Feelings of peace.
Feelings of space.
My record player, spinning away my stress.

I get claustrophobic. People talking to me. Touching me. Loud colors and laughter. I can't breath. The rest of the week is a dream, emotions running wild without my ability to reason or even recognize the beauty and absurdities of each day. Just the presence of another person, just a tad too often, and my head is full of cotton. Forget happy place, take me to the peace place.

I understand why Buddha was the awakened one. Each moment we are at different levels of wakefulness. For me, I require Fridays and the company of solace to wake from my week. Maybe I'll never fully awaken from life like Buddha, nor view it as it truly exists without it's dreamlike qualities muddling perception.

That's quite alright. Friday loveliness steeped with lychee black tea is good enough for me. For now.

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, Fridays and Saturdays are the best days of the week. And I think you suffer from the same thing I do through the week—overstimulation. I know exactly what you mean.

    ReplyDelete