02 January 2009

A new year for ramblings

I could write something beautiful about a new year and the chance to start fresh--or somesuch jabber. I could spin out words as wonderous as the next blog--that's a lie. I'm incredibly sleepy after a day spent lounging in the most amazing coffee shop I've ever happened across (Monks in Dubuque, Iowa), reading about FTM and "radical gender transformation" while listening to a Barry Manilow record, and kicked butt as a gnome mage with Todd in WoW. Yeah, eventful day (not). Still, I happen to be tired, slightly crabby, but in the mood to post something new years-ish.

Sooo, here I go all Myspace on your ass....

In 2008 I've:

[ ] stayed single :-(
[X]made out in a car (Probably? I don't remember anything too hxc)
[ ] kissed in the snow (that sounds like a lovely use for snow tho)
[ ] kissed in the rain (does it look like I live the life of a chick flick?)
[X] was in love with a fool
[X] had my heart broken (I suppose serves me right for dating the KKK ;-)
[ ] broke someone else's heart
[X] kind of lost a friend (See above. Kalvin was one of my best friends)
[X] had a good relationship with someone (We did until middle of June, I think even if it ended waay after that)
[ ] questioned my sexual orientation (haha, nope)
[ ] got pregnant
[ ] thought you were pregnant
[ ] got married
[X] kissed someone of the same sex
[X] met someone that I will never forget (A lot of someones)
[ ] did something I regret (I try not to regret, but just learn and move on)
[X] lost faith in love
[ ] regained faith in love
[ ] kissed under mistletoe (not IRL haha)
[X] changed jobs (MCd to Subway to MCd)
[X] quit my job (Subway summer job)
[ ] dated a co-worker
[ ] dated my boss
[ ] dated my boss's son/ daughter
[ ] got fired from my job
[ ] got straight A's
[X] met a teacher who I became friends with (Tanya is kind of the coolest)
[ ] met a teacher who I really hate
[ ] failed a class (haha, nope although Golf had me worried)
[X] cut class (Oops. Especially Weight Training)
[X] did something I was proud of (got published by Insight)
[ ] discovered a new talent
[X] proved myself (I CAN get the CT out weekly and on time...with lots of help from Brenda :-)
[X] embarrassed myself in front of the class. (whenever I open my mouth)
[X] was involved in something that I will never forget (PSJ)
[X] painted/drew a picture (Drawing for Everyone...eek)
[X] wrote a poem/song (I poet it up on Myspace--very badly)
[X] listened to music I couldn't stand (I was dating Kalvin, so yeah. Country.)
[X] double dipped
[ ] skinny dipped
[X] had a sleepover
[ ] went to a camp
[X] threw a surprise party (kinda)
[X] laughed till I cried
[ ] laughed till I peed my pants (um, ew?)
[X] flirted shamelessly
[ ] visited a foreign country :-(That will change this year!)
[X] visited another state
[ ] cooked a disastrous meal (well one lit on fire, but it didn't end disastrously. It ended yummily)
[X] lost something/someone important to me
[X] got a gift I love (OMG OMG OMG, yes. Record player, Buffy series, first season of Dark Angel, vegan/vegetarian cookbooks, month of WoW, mocccasins)
[X] realized something new about myself (Accepting myself is kind of key)
[X] highlighted/dyed my hair (I dyed it back to my original colour)
[ ] came close to losing my life
[ ] someone close to me died (not this year. RIP Estrella. Te extrano)
[ ] went to a wild party
[X] drank alcohol
[X] read a great book (Acheron and Bi Any Other Name)
[X] saw a great movie (The Secrets made me cry. Only other movie I've cried at was E.T.)
[X] did something that I wanted to tell everyone (I benched almost 80% of my weight after an entire semester of NOT working out!)
[X] experienced something new
[X] made new friends (mostly at Union. Yay Kaley :-)
[X] found out who your real friends are (if that can apply to family. Sometimes honesty's a bitch)
[ ] got in trouble with police (I think the longboarding/parking ramps incident happened in '07)
[X] had the time of your life (every day :-)
[X] danced
[X] fell out of love
[X] had a crush on someone
[X] swam in a pool
[ ] made a snowman (I don't really know how)
[ ] went sledding
[X] slept in past 2 pm (haha like this entire break)
[X] told someone you like them as more than a friend (I don't usually do that.)
[X] gone on vacation (Campmeeting. It sucked)
[ ] gone on vacation with a friend
[X] gone to a wedding
[ ] played strip poker
[X] danced in the rain (does in-game count?)
[ ] got in a car accident
[ ] seen someone get in a car accident
[ ] got in a fist fight (I'm just violent like that)
[X] laughed until you couldn't breathe
[X] missed someone (That was pre-summer)
[X] went to the hospital (yeah, lame ambulance and ER adventure)
[X] enjoyed this year overall (it was the hardest I've ever been through, mostly due to Thanksgiving break. It had fanastic moments though, ones I'd never want to erase. I think the best part was finding self-acceptance.)

Maybe in the next post I'll be all inspired by resolutions and create a piece of artwork with words. Or maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment