30 December 2008

EUREKA! (the day realization hit Hannah)

Christmas break has been fantastic. Stop--now, please note the has been. Okay, it still is pretty great (unlike Thanksgiving break, which I won't go into now).

Since the moment I've gotten home it's been nothing but bum-bliss. How could a week of NOTHINGNESS not be perfect? This last semester was spent with my brains splattered on the walls of the ClockTower office and my body running around campus like some creepy Halloween story. Ummm...okay, that was a terrible (not to mention gross) metaphor and analogy. What I meant to say is that last semester was stressful.

When I realized Christmas break was my goof-off, anti-social (to an extent. I'm Hannah--how anti-social can I really manage to be?), lazy-woman's paradise, I took full advantage of it.

Um. Okay, now what? I'm paradised-out. It's been fantastic, but now I just want to be back in my dorm room in Lincoln, Nebraska. Honestly, I want to be organizing something right now. Preferably the book shelf I haven't build yet (can anyone teach me to do that?). Yeah, I have those two articles (omg, Christian Record Services asked to write an article for Lifeglow, their large print magazine! Okay, lame--probably. I'm excited though 'cuz they actually went out of their way to ask me! ... Gushing moment is over) I need to do once I return and... well, I could list all the other stuff (like getting back to being a good worker at the MCd, instead of crap-o-Hannah for instance) but it's not important. Actually, maybe it is what's important. It's those "sure-to-stress-me-out" things I'm ready (eager!) to be bombarded by again.

I'm so ready to stop spending entire days lazying around watching TV and playing games. Well, the watching TV bit anyway. Stir crazy, cabin-fever; I don't care what you call it, that's me.

I'm so ready to start: listening to Ani DiFranco (or my new records!) again, reading about sexism in language instead of stare at a telivision screen, feeling productive, creating something, discussing ideas instead of watch them, talking to Campus Ministries about the whole ENGLAND thing, reading my Intro to Psych textbook, using my planner a month in advance, getting ORGANIZED, making amazing food with Kaley, drinking way too much coffee (is it bad I crave coffee shops along with the coffee?), planning crazy things with Amnesty and PSJ, etc.

Over all, I miss Nebraska and feeling like I make a difference (or at least like I'm on a mission) instead of the whole couch-potatoe charade. Last semester, I did a shitty job of pretty much everything. My grades sucked because I put ClockTower and work above classes, and those latter sucked (CT, MCd) because I let myself get unmotivated and unorganized. Thank you Christmas break for giving me that boost to fix my mistakes and get moving.

Then again, I'm not back in Nebraska yet so maybe I'll watch just a bit more Eureka. A little TV never hurt anyone, right? It's Christmas break...

No comments:

Post a Comment