14 December 2008

I've got more than one membership | To more than one club | And I owe my life | To the people that I love

I think I have a problem--and I'm not talking about wearing a flimsy dress in the middle of December (although that's a problem too. Next time I don't feel like wearing jeans, slap me).

That whole love thing. Who created it anyway? It's seriously screwed up. Or maybe I'm just seriously screwed up.

There's this guy (ok, maybe a couple) who seem to really like me. Nice guys, guys who are into many of the same things I am. They speak my love language (gifts and words), and have the potential to be great for a relationship.

Enter my problem, stage left.

I'm not into them. Looking back, I really never have been into their type. It's always been the Unattainble that I drool over (not literally, that's just gross). I remember this one guy during highschool. For two and a half years I was crazy about him, and for two and half years he had a girlfriend (no, we never did anything). Before that, it was the guy who was "in love" with my best friend (she wasn't into him at all). Although I don't CARE for people in more than the platonic sense very frequently, I do easily develop tiny crushes.

These crushes only seem to be on people that I know I'll never have a chance with.

Am I too picky? Do I have commitment issues? Do I like the chase? Do I just enjoy being miserable?

Four silly, silly different crushes that will never pan out:

- Two are taken (if only you knew--it makes me laugh)
- One doesn't swing that way
- And another lives too far away

At least this problem of mine makes life interesting.
Or gives me fodder for a boring blog.


* blog title taken from Ani DiFranco's "In or Out" lyrics

2 comments:

  1. I'm the exact same way! I get crushes on all kinds of people, all the time. In fact, I even have a semi-official categorization of types of crushes, which makes it easier--I can instantly tell if the current crush I have is just a "type A" crush that I will get over in a week, just by getting to know that person more, or a "type B" crush where I might harbor a tiny but secret and innocent flame for a few months or more, or a "type C" crush--the kind that really messes with my head. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, you rock :-) I'm so going to start categorizing them. I think it'll possibly make life a little easier :-p Hmmm...or making me feel as though I've got too many crushes?

    Haha but then I can create excuses and be like, "well I only have ONE in catagory 'whatever' and feel better about it :-p

    ReplyDelete