20 January 2009

Kate Nash would describe this as "merry | very, very happy"

I couldn't seem to the shake the smile that followed my face around all day. And why would I want to? There's a fantastic new President kicking it in the White House, and the inauguration ceremony was beautiful. The prayers (national political event, anyone?) did toss me through a loop--but I'm used to diving past them. President Obama. How could I not love a man that talks about respecting the environment and doing our part to ease the intense suffering of others?

"The only thing that could make this day better is if we had blue skies," I told Scott. A few hours later the gray disappeared to match my mood. "You should have wished for world peace," he said.

Maybe I should have. I think we may have finally found the right road, though, so I'll forgo wishes today and just continue playing hide and seek with my grin.

No comments:

Post a Comment