17 January 2009

"I believe in days ahead"

Tonight has been the best I've had in a long time. I feel so at peace with myself and, to be incredibly cliched, the world.

It began with a trip to The Black Market with Kaley, Brennan and Josh. I finally got my pair of vegan (no leather insoles) TOMS shoes :-) I also bought Kaley a pair as her long-promised Christmas present. The guy that helped us out was extremely good looking in that unique-style way. Kaley thought he might be gay. I didn't get much of a fem vibe, but she said she did. Then she said maybe he's bi, and of course I grew excited. Maybe there's half a chance ;-) I wish there were more people that wanted to make a difference in the world (he was all stoked about TOMS and stuff. Each time you purchase a pair of TOMS, they donate a pair to children who don't have any shoes).

We went to Old Chicago from there (mmm pizza. We ordered half without cheese. I'm trying very hard to go vegan, but I'm not sure how well I'm doing). Ashley, Erich and Megan joined us at the end.

Crescent Moon, two doors down, was next. The place was packed due to the weekly live jazz performance. We wound up at a table and played card games till 11. I learned how to play indian poker, and how to lose lots of chocolate pieces by betting it all at the wrong times. It was a blast :-) I haven't played games or just hung out with people like this in such a long time (it feels like).

I also may have found a apartment-mate for the summer! We'll see if Brennan was serious or not.

When we got back to Union, Kaley convinced me to go down to the park with her (Megan ended up tagging a long). Haha we actually drove, so I stayed relatively warm. Got ride of some of my blacks. Felt utterly content. At peace.

All in all, I've had a lovely evening. I'm sitting here in my organic cotton nightshirt listening to Scissor Sisters (new musical love affair) and talking to an old best friend about stupid drama. The great thing, is I've decided to stop allowing my emotions play into it. I'm the one letting myself be negatively affected by things going on. I've also realized just because some people don't appreciate my insides, doesn't mean they're not pretty.

Tomorrow morning, I'll wake up and go to a favorite location: New Creation. Despite my views on things god-related, the community, atmosphere and thoughts prompted from the experience have transformed the place into my very own weekly heaven.

[[I'll post a picture of my new shoes soon. They are lovely. Plus I bought bamboo socks. Mmmm, comfort.]]

*Title taken from "Mary" lyrics by Scissor Sisters

No comments:

Post a Comment