14 February 2010

.ohfortheloveofgaia.

Today is difficult. I just want a cigarette. In one more week I'm going to buy a houseplant to reward myself for making it one month. It will represent health: for the environment, for my body, for the state of my soul (peace of mind).


Every month I am successfully cigarette-free, I'll buy a plant for my windowsill. I'm excited. It was hard to think of a one-month incentive. Either it included things I needed, so would buy anyways or things I wanted but didn't need--and I want to get away from buying things I don't need. Plants are another story altogether and promote ideals I believe in. I just need to make it through this week, and it will all be okay. Until then, I'll let images of Mother Earth sooth my agitated being.



No comments:

Post a Comment