31 March 2010

Goodbye dorm room


My friend Tyler and I have similar tastes in decorations (and ways of viewing existence) and the only time he ever saw my room (bringing in a chair for me) was when it was a giant mess. While I'm often very messy, I'm also often very neat. It comes and goes in waves and cycles. This past semester/few months I've been uber duber neat. I thought I would document my last dorm-living experience (I don't plan on ever moving back into dormitories after May), and also show Tyler what I did with his stuff*. This is random and odd, but so is my life--so I suppose it works.








I can't figure out how to format it so that my comments appear by the pictures. Hopefully it'll be easy to guess which comments belong with which pictures. Todd, this also works as my picture a day :-)

Tiffany, Kelly and I created a fingerpaint masterpiece one night :-) Kelly's corner is the one with the blue hand, Tiffany's is with the yellow hand and mine is with the green.

Heather made me the card encouraging me in my journey to quit smoking. I keep it on my bulletin board as a constant reminder that yes, I can do this. Kate sent me a beautiful card (bottom left) that says "And it was Summer, beautiful Summer! It was in the summer that one really lived." - Willa Cather, The Song of the Lark. I also have pinned to my bulletin board the patch she sent me, but I don't know where a picture of that side of the board is. The Diversity Paperdolls poster on the right Kaity made for me (and Chelsi) back in January I think. 

Tiffany and Kelly play with the beads like they're the cherry seed pits at Scott's (which are intended for playing with). I put these in the basket so it would be easier to make necklaces, but apparently they're entertaining as well.


This is where I sleep. I roll out my bed (a doubled up blanket) on the carpet for added cush, as the bare floor is exceedingly cold and hard.

I cut out paper letters to say "Live Simply <3" for a daily reminder. I also have the Eight-Fold Path tacked to my bulletin board as an additional mind-nudge.

*Tyler gave me the yellow seat and the piece of artwork above it. If I remember correctly, he found both while dumpster diving.

This is how I make my bed. I also use it as a lounging area during the day. It's lovely to sit by the window on a sunny day.

No comments:

Post a Comment