06 February 2009

You're like that tornado in the Wizard of Oz, sweeping up everything in your path.

I wanted to cry. The first half of my day was like a mediaeval torture device slowly pealing bloodied layers of skin away from my body. Typically, I can get a handle on stressful situations. Today however? Not a chance. Campus Conversations was two days late (with a boss already unhappy with my performance), ClockTower was one day late (first time won't make distribution deadline all year), and my Lifeglow article for Christian Record Services was one day late. Then there's the piles of overdue Institutional Development and upcoming Intro to Graphic Arts homework that I haven't even started yet. I also flaked on a committee meeting for the Malawi project because I thought it was tomorrow morning, not today.

All of those things aren't what pushed me off the edge, though. It was lack of water. No, I wasn't thirsty--but I suppose my skin was. I wanted a damn shower. You can deprive me of sleep, give me too much to do, watch me fail at life and meeting deadlines--just please let me have a scorching hot shower and bit of eye makeup.

By 3:30, I was ready to shoot someone (like myself). Instead, I got everything finished up, skipped Reporting, and took one of the most fantastic showers of my life. Okay, every shower becomes the most fantastic shower of my life--work with me here. Anyway, after slipping into my favorite gray dress, I went to the mailroom. My sister had sent me chocolates and Special K with Berries cereal. Completely made up for my rotten day.

From there, it was grand semi-picnic and Black Market adventures with Sierra. I bought two new amazing, fantastic dresses (I had some store credit from bringing my own clothes in to trade).

STOP.

How the hell did my blog go to "dear diary, this is what I did today" when I wanted to blog about my instant-gratification nature, hedonistic self, and the interesting movie I watched tonight?

I'm toned down, I suppose. I'll tone everything down. I've toned you down--I still tell everyone what a nice person you are.

WHOA.

Why am I suddenly directing my blog at people of my past? Silly me.

I'll just leave this with two thoughts. A) I'm glad I stayed in my room tonight, and didn't go outside to play. B) Even if Better than Chocolate is cliche and campy, it made me happy inside. My new favorite quote: Soft centers, hard centers. I like ALL the chocolates in the box.

Ha. Hmmm. I love chocolate. I wish I hadn't left the ones Meg gave me in the CT office.

1 comment:

  1. Hannah, I have posted a blog today about the deaths of Americans due to lack of health insurance. Give it a read if you have the time.
    http://motherearthhealth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete