20 February 2009

love post. valentines day come late?

I'm currently listening to a podcast that talks about love. The first part was a depressing bit about a couple's "how we met" story. I wondered why the heck my friend sent this link to me. Lovey-dovey stories just depress me right now.

Then a story about platonic love came up--a story about friendship between two eight-year-old little girls. Listening to the interview, I discovered these two had actually been born male and identify as female. Now I know why my friend sent me this. Anyone who knows me at all, knows I love learning about and discussing gender and sexuality identity issues. Anyway, I've heard transgender adults explain how they always felt "different" as children and/or identified as the opposite sex--but I've never heard from children themselves who feel that way. It was fascinating.

On a not-so-fascinating note. I'm happier not thinking or talking about people I like. I just get depressed. And I think maybe it doesn't make others too happy either. I should become a nun or somehing. Become married to my cause for peace and social justice. I don't think peace and social justice would keep me warm at night, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment