10 December 2009

Spring semester classes

In-depth reporting
I don't think I'll find this class very interesting, but it should still be somewhat enjoyable since Mennard is teaching it. One of my goals it improve my writing (I haven't figured out how yet), so maybe this will help. Then again, it probably won't.

Crises Public Relations
I know I usually try to avoid crises, but maybe this could be fun. I have no idea what sort of work or projects this will entail. Probably creating a crises plan for a fictional/local organization, but I don't even really know what that means. Oh, and it's a Mesnard class--I love her grading style. This is a plus.

Public Relations Campaigns
Jacque is teaching this (old boss--well not old, because she's young. Former?)! I'm pretty excited on one hand, but nervous on the other. What if I do bad? I'm not exactly the best student, and I hate it when that becomes painfully apparent to people I admire (read: I just feel like this might be Institutional Development all over again).

Approaches to World Lit
This will be my first Fitts class. Scared? Check. Ready to have my papers act as a canvas for his red pen? Check. Ready to hopefully learn a shit-ton? Check (I hope). One reason I'm actually super stoked about this class: I'll finally get to read the rest of Gilgamesh!

Technical Writing & Grant Proposals
I feel like I will learn to hate this class, but find it incredibly useful. I need to ask Mennard (yeah, I can't imagine him teaching this class either. It doesn't sound fun enough.) if we could integrate a project for Tiny Hands into the homework or special credit.

Conflict and Peacemaking
SO SO SO SO SO STOKED! Yeah, that was all-caps. With no punctuation (not that I ever use it right anyway). I've been wanting to take this class since my freshman year. Will it live up to my expectations? Probably not. Will I enjoy it anyway? Hell yeah. I just hope Mr. Blake treats this like--well, anything other than the last class I took from him. Editing wasn't so much fun.

------

I'm excited for next semester. I know each time I say I'm going to do well, but this time I really, really mean it. I've already told Chelsi my purposed schedule:

Mon-Thurs: nights, homework.
Fri night: Me-time.
Saturdays: (maybe church) homework.
Saturday night: Chelsi-time.
Sunday: (maybe Unitarian Church) homework.

I can do this. As long as I don't let myself slack off for a single assignment (because that's really how it starts), I should be able to save both my grades and my mind at the end of the semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment