05 April 2009

(--<)

I firmly believe in the restorative powers of sleep. Sure, there's that whole "energy" thing--but most importantly, there's that whole "faith in humanity and the world" thing too :-) I'm feeling good about life. Below is a favorite song (guitar by Mike Mennard, vocals by his brother-in-law?).

I refuse to allow disappointments or skewed opinions to extinguish my passion--hence my insertion of "not" in the line "I will hate what I want."


I've got a friend who says it's wrong
to like fast food joints.
but I do.
I realize some people feel it's square
to dig your parents,
but I do.
And here's the key,
my parents love me too.

I've got a Christian friend who says its wrong
to love this world,
but I do.
I've got left wing friend who says its wrong
to love my country,
but I do.
When I'm gone I miss them,
what you gonna do?

I'll love who I choose and be better for it
I will [not] hate what I want
'cuz that's me.
And I think I'll make a stand
even though I know I'll fall
and pay the price for living free
freee
I will pay the price.

If you think you can stop the drugs
If you think you can stop the guns
If you think you can stop the sex
If you've been trying to shut down Christmas
where the hell have you been the past ten thousand years?
And have you no shame for the price of our tears?

This goes out to the opinion takers
This goes out to the policy makers
This goes to the movers and the shakers
If you think that you rule my world
heyyyy heyyyy heyyyyy

I will love who chooose and be better for it
I will [not] hate what I want
'cuz that's me
and I think I'll make a stand
even though I know I'll fall
and pay the price for living free
freee
I will pay the price for living free
freee yeah
I will pay the price for living free
free, free.

No comments:

Post a Comment